Where are you located?
In New York:
1.5 blocks away from PATH train and by Fulton/Broadway-Nassau subway station (trains A/C/E/4/5/1/3), across the street from J&R Music store at 225 Broadway Ave, Suite # 2018, New York, NY 10007
132 Washington Street, Suite 301, Hoboken, NJ 07030
306 Washington Street, Suite 301, Hoboken, NJ 07030
What are your hours?
Mon, Wed, Thu, and Friday evenings by appointment. Weekend appointments are possible.
What is your fee and how do you accept payment?
|Initial Consultation||60 min||$175|
|Individual Session||45 min||$120|
|Individual Session||60 min||$150|
|Couples Session||90 min||$200-$225|
Do you take insurance?
- In Network
- Aetna insurance
- Magna Care
- Out of Network
- Oxford Freedom
- United Healthcare/Oxford
We will help you to verify your insurance before the first appointment.
We will be able to provide receipts for services provided and these fees may be deductable for as medical expenses on your tax returns.
The sessions are 45 min long. Couples are encouraged to do 90 min sessions.
Do you have a sliding scale?
Yes, I do have a sliding scale option
How frequently are sessions scheduled?
Sessions are scheduled on a weekly basis. I have options for short-term (8-12 sessions) therapy and long-term therapy.
How do I get started?
To get started, call at 917-495-4989 to schedule your appointment. Please, leave for me your name, telephone number at which you can be reached and I will contact you either the same day, or the next business day. During this phone intake, I will answer any other questions you might have, take your information and a brief description of your situation, and schedule your appointment. Or you can contact me online through my Contact page.
What is psychotherapy?
Psychotherapy is a treatment process that uses specialized techniques of caring that have been designed to offer effective, long-lasting help for people suffering from a wide range of difficulties (for example: anxiety, depression, family and couple relationships problems). It is a place where you can explore your thoughts and feelings about yourself and others. It can help you understand how your current difficulties and past experiences can be linked. It can help alleviate emotional pain and can teach you new skills with which you can successfully deal with your problems. Therapy focuses on reconciling issues that are in some manner limiting your enjoyment of life.What is psychotherapy?
What issues can be treated in psychotherapy ?
- panic attacks
- low self-esteem
- confusion about identity
- childhood trauma
- lack of interest in daily activities
- loss of pleasure in life
- adjustments to any life changes
- mosachistic tendencies
- paranoid ideation
- inability to accept reality
- suiciadal ideation
- sleep problems
- life stress
- couple conflicts
- other problems
How long will the treatment last?
Clients create changes at their own rate and it depends on their motivation level, their investment in the process, whether they comply with Home Work assignments, and how much effort they put in between sessions. The more they put in, the more they get out (and the faster it happens!). The length of Couples Therapy might depend on the history of childhood trauma.
I offer short-term Couples Therapy and Sex Therapy: 10-12 sessions
What is Imago Couples Therapy?
Imago is a new way to connect with your partner.
- Falling in love is amazing – we feel complete and whole
- After a while we often feel frustrated with our partner, and have painful disagreements
- The pain is particularly acute because the frustrations with our partner usually remind us of some painful childhood experiences
- It often doesn’t make sense to us why our partner gets upset so much over the things we argue about. We may even imagine they are just doing it to hurt us.
- The Imago dialogue is a process which makes it easier to understand our partner, without feeling threatened or under attack ourselves. And for them to understand us in the same way.
- When we do understand that our partner’s experience is so different from ours, they make sense! Then we find it easier to meet their needs. And they find it easier to meet ours!
- With our new understanding, we can learn to stretch a little more to provide what our partner needs.
- Imago provides a whole set of relationship fitness exercises to guide us through the process.
- You might take a gym class, or personal training to get really fit. Imago workshops and relationship counseling can help you build the strongest and most rewarding relationship.